Pedestal came and went. The new venue seems to be settling in quite nicely and the vibe is getting there. My only real comment is that because of the size of the venue, there were a lot of very empty spaces - mainly the main dance area. But other than that, it was great to see old friends and make some new as well as meet the lovely Rebekka Raynor dressed very smartly in a business style suit.
I was, as I ever am, with Mistress. I cannot really imagine being there without Mistress and the one time I was there I had a very different time and found myself chatting with a friend who runs The English Mansion BDSM site. I will say that one of my hopes did not materialise and that was to be beaten. But then, to be fair, the play-room was very crowded and busy. Still, there is always another day. Another let-down was the attendance of the after-party at The Whipping House. I wonder if this is because Pedestal is now in Nine Elms and is a good 20-25 minutes drive away, rather than the 10 minutes it used to be. We stayed for about an hour but it was just not happening so homewards and the relief in getting out of the rubber was palpable. As much as I love wearing latex, after 5 or 6 hours wearing it, the joy of taking it off is just wonderful. A good friend told me once that she loves to take off latex whilst in the shower. I need to try this sometime.
The next Pedestal is in November when it will be their 5th Birthday. I cannot believe it has been going for 5 years - I still remember the first event at Rio in 2003 and have only missed two since. Definitely a night to look out for.
No comments:
Post a Comment