Friday, 3 October 2008

All in the family

How do you react when your Aunt seems to know a lot of the same people you do?

Let me explain. This particular Aunt is only two years older than me. At 17, I was introduced to the Blues Party scene - the early sound systems that you see regularly at Notting Hill Carnival now days and really my musical and drugs education started from there.

So, we met up for a drink the other night and just chatting when she mentioned a name. The person concerned is someone who I also know from the fetish clubs and suddenly we are bouncing names of one another. It seems that we both went through the whole rave and dance scene in the mid to late '80's and then migrated to the fetish club scene. It is a strange feeling opening up to your Aunt who I suddenly realise is the mirror of me. Both of us run close to the edge in terms the law, both of us have similar experiences with drugs, both of us refuse to accept we are closer to 50 than 30. And then, a bit of a bombshell so to speak when she starts talking about tying guys up and pouring wax on them to get her own way!

So, of course, this lead me to start thinking of the many stories you see on the likes of literotica, fictionmania etc. where the young submissive male is dominated by the Aunty in various situations. Perhaps there was truth in these tales, who knows. All I know is that I probably have to be a bit more circumspect where I spend my weekends!

No comments: