There I am, having a chat on yahoo to a person who I am starting to like a lot, probably too much but that's a different story, when we start talking about this blog. She is only the second person I have told about it and probably the last!
I am conscious that some of the stuff I have written may seem that I can do no wrong. But that is not my intention. I have many faults and accept most of them. I am, for instance, overweight. But, I deal with it and just move on. I am, on occasion, a bit bratty and will throw my toys out and sulk from time to time. But have only portrayed the worse in others whilst setting my self up as without fault? Mostly, reading back, I have just said what was on my mind and how I felt about things. But I was, indirectly, today told that because I seem to not paint myself with faults, to an outsider who may come across this blog, it would weaken my credibility.
Now, of course, do I have any credibility? I know that I am quite well known on the fetish scene and do get asked my views on all sorts of stuff to do with fetish and BDSM. In my vanilla world, I regularly speak and present about my subject matter and would like to think that I am well regarded in what I do. So, perhaps I do have some credibility but by hiding behind the veil of anonymity I remove all that credibility. But of course, the reverse of being anonymous is that I can just comment on what I see and experience without having to compare myself to it. This blog was and will always be about what I think and what I see and feel. It will, by its nature be occasionally judgemental but that is the nature of man. We are all judgemental on one level or more, so there is no difference here.
Finally, as I write this I feel I am having to justify myself. I have no need to or desire to so no more posts where I may apologise. I am me and happy with me and therefore shall just carry on as me.
No comments:
Post a Comment