Friday, 17 October 2008

Is it just a job?

Reading the How to be a Mistress blog today, reminded me of a conversation I had whilst driving back to London after filming for The English Mansion. I had two Mistresses in the car, one from the US and one from the UK and we were talking about going to fetish clubs etc. when the Mistress from the UK said that she did not go to fetish clubs because being a Mistress was her job and she had no interest in fetish outside of that.

I was, to say the least, slightly taken aback at that remark as it was truly the first time I think I had come across a pro-Domme who say what she did as a 9-5 type occupation - get up, go to the dungeon for 11, see some clients and go home! I would say that every Mistress I have ever met has always had some interest in either BDSM or fetish outside of the dungeon and usually have become a Mistress because of the interest. Then reading the How to be etc. blog today I wondered if this was the same. Here is a lady who made a deliberate move to a place to set up a dungeon to be a Professional Mistress. Then of course, I read the rest of the blog and see that no, this is a lifestyler who has seen the light and moved from a submissive female to Dominant Mistress (hurrah) so I suspect the Mistress in question is in a very small minority. Let us hope so anyway.

No comments: