Monday, 3 November 2008

Informed Consent - Decades of Feminism

A recent thread on the UK BDSM board Informed Consent is discussing why bondage porn is still predominatly showing images of females tied up.

A great response is made by Ms Slide and and added to here on her blog. What I did not find surprising is who made the most outspoken comment regarding feminism but also the tone of the argument but of course, I do find myself agreeing with it. Just waiting for Bitchy Jones to give us her view and expect even more outspokenness than that of Ms Tytania.

I don't particularly like BDSM porn per-se (unless I am in it,  which of course is different!!) as mostly is it fairly repetitive and as already said tends to feature females in suffering rather than females inflicting the suffering, unless of course it is lesbian BDSM porn which I generally avoid.

Unfortunately, until more women watch and control the production of porn, it will not change in terms of the way females are depicted. Of course, if less men bought porn, that may also change the status quo but of course, the chances of that happening are pretty much nil!

No comments: